Thread: Guidance
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alot of good info in here. Definitely make sure you go for something you will keep yourself in. I have friends that went to a 4 yr college, got a bs degree, and now work in bar tending or serving. They are in debt a 40k + and will never use their degree.

Japslap had another side of the medical that I didn't even consider. Medical field, in the business aspect, is ALWAYS booming!

To give you some perspective. My lady is 28. She has a bachelors in biology and had been accepted into med program. Whatever medical reasons she had at the time (this was way before we met), she reevaluated and went into nursing. Got her masters in nurse education and then continued into Nurse practitioner. She specializes in psych (which apparently no one in FL wants to touch.. ahem bath salts anyone!?.). Since there is a big demand for psych Nps, practices are throwing out 150k salaries.

Shes 28, sacrificed from HS through her 20's to get these degrees, and now she sits ridiculously pretty in the mid range 6 figure salary. She works 3 days a week with her nurse practitioner (4 hours a day) and cashes in. She is a nurse director of a nursing program for a private college and shows up to the campus 2.. maybe 3 times a week, since she can work from home. Between the 2 salaries, the world is her playground!!!!

What I am getting at is, you are young, you are smart enough to have reevaluated and see that what you are doing will not work forever. Sacrifice the 20's and get a bad ass degree. I fucked around and partied, thinking my 20's was gonna be my high lite of fun. Little did I realize, the real fun and your life doesn't start til you get into your 30's. Take advantage of your youth! Work hard now..... live easy, comfy and have all the fun you want for the rest of your life. No worries about bills, living paycheck to paycheck, or having to give up a dream cause you can't afford it. I only wish I knew what my fiance knew and did it the way she did. I wouldn't be 32, working as a medic / ff... at the same time going to school, to work my way from nursing to crna.

/end rant.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote