View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #10
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
And with that out of the way, today I started on the subframe and while it was drying in between coats, I started sanding the engine bay prepping to get it cut up and tubed/tubbed. I decided to replicate my other subframe [pictures in a previous post]. I sanded it down to get it clean, Simple Green'd it, then wiped it down. I got the makeshift paint booth ready and started giving it some coats. I used 3 coats over every crease and crevice to ensure it'll withstand the elements and looks good to boot.

After a few coats of purple [Duplicolor Rich Plum; some spots I went over after I took the pictures because they were kind of hard to get so it took a few more passes]:

I then had some of this Duplicolor Clear Effects laying around to throw in some flake so I figured why not. Chances are I won't be using it for anything else. Here is a little sneak peak:

Tomorrow when it's good to go and dry I'll get the solid bushings in and get it ready to throw back up. I would have had them in first but the stupid compressor decided to shit out on me so I'll be taking the subframe over to a friends to get the bushings in.

Also when I was done cleaning the parts of the engine bay that weren't going to be cut up and have a new tubular front end welded on, I decided on a way to hide the stupid brake lines that run over the top of the bay and over to the other side with some maneuvering others have used in the past. I got some brake line earlier today. I just need to get a good quality hard line bender so I don't have to worry about kinks and issues in the lines. I got this empty engine bay image off Google and did a quick photoshop to show you guys the plans.

I'll probably go the banjo fitting route as others have and play it by ear. First the brake booster needs to be sanded and recoated then gold heat taped. I got some plans for the next couple of days. Keep tuned for that and also the progress of the SR tear down and rebuild.

Oh, and any day now some parts should come in from Japan! Big thanks to friends at GT-R Garage who hooked me up big time.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote