View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #7
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjesus View Post
you do need a manual cross member. if the one the guy gave you had a "b" stamped in the center it's for 5-speed..if it has an "a" it's for auto..

also, here is a link to a thread that specifies lengths of drive shafts. measure the front portion that you have and see what you find out.
Driveshaft Lengths - Nissan 240SX Forums

if you have more questions let me know
i have no crossmember...just the one thats on the car which is auto

i will measure what i got. i really need to stay with stock D/S because of money being tight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
The upper timing chain guide is easily accessible and only requires removing the valve cover. It is removed because over time the chain gains slack and will eat through it, possibly causing serious engine damage. If you remove it, you no longer have to worry about hearing the chain clank or possible engine damage.

Buy a 1- piece driveshaft for your car. Specify if it has ABS or not and make sure it's for a 5spd. This will save you the headache of finding the "correct" front half and eliminate your probably bad center carrier bearing in the process.
where do you get a 1 pc D/S and how much do they cost? also how do i identify if it has abs or not? i do not see a big abs pump with any mess of hardlines so i assume it is a non abs s14.

any pics showing what cover to leave off? i thought crap/debris would get in there and tear up the chains/what not.