View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #55
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
So to catch everyone up, the white Tyler Cox Memorial Missile car has been seeing a ton of action lately. *It got the new high comp motor setup, which was basically a stock motor with high comp pistons and a disco potato and after a couple events the oil filter backed off on a road course and I failed to notice fast enough, ANNNNDDDDD rod knocked the motor. *The high comp E85 setup was pretty darn sweet, and even with the tiny disco potato was awesome for parking lot stuff on 265s. *On the road course the faster stuff left it a bit underpowered for the tire size, but I really could have just stepped down to a 245 and probably been golden.

Anyways, two weeks before the big YOKOI event I am stuck with a dead motor, so the day after everything went south I rushed Derricks place ( several hours away from the track ) and we tore the motor out of the car. *Within hours it was totally torn apart, and we found the rods, cams, crank, etc were trashed. *SIGH. *All over a stupid oil filter backing off which had been on for hours of driving already. *So anyways, I got on the email with Ken from Enjuku and got everything overnighted to Derrick so he could do a speed build, and get the car back together within 7 days. *That included all machine work and stuff as well. *Thank god Derrick keeps bailing me out of my problems, I really should just be driving a stripped out 350Z with a stock motor, but thanks to him I can live out my dreams of ricing the crap out of an SR20.

So, thanks to hook ups from Ken, and working with whatever they had in stock the motor is now...

11 to 1 compression
E85
1200 cc side feed injectors
enthalpy tuned ECU ( he flew in and tuned it in person this time, I set up a tuning day )
350Z coil packs and no igniter
eagle rods
264 bc cams
springs
GTX 2863 THANKS GARRETT!!!
Lots of little things

First off, beware if you do a new GTX turbo that is internally gated, the actuators are different from the GT series....

As you look at the dyno sheet above, that is with the tiny little t2 GTX 2863, .64 housing. *@ like 29 psi. *We just went for it with the boost to make sure it would take anything we threw at the thing boost wise later on. *It was blowing out spark up top so Martin from Enthalpy told me about 350Z coil packs, and then popped them on my car in like 20 minutes after I snagged some. *He is rad.

Bling Bling.

Didn't intend to put aftermarket rods in this thing, but we killed the stock ones from heat.

There is an interesting story to the NEO VVL motor. *I picked this for Derrick to play with and put the head on an SR20 for fun for his car. *I am sure he is going to build something crazy out of it, and I was stealing a crank from him and needed to bribe him to work on my car. *I try to only pay him in neat car parts now to motivate him to build his own car.

This turbo may be little, but it is also tiny. *We are going to see how it fairs with way too much boost thrown at it, with no BOV. *The disco potato did very well and didn't seem to mind no BOV, so lets see how this dude fairs.

There are a lot of parts that have to go together eventually!

What E85 pistons look like on top I guess. *I would have figured they would look cleaner for some reason, but instead they have an oily look.

And finally!!!! *Back together!!!! *For the LAST TIME EVERRRR!!!!!

Yokoi from MCR hooked me up with these, and drove the crap out of the car. *That was cool. *

I threw the coolest drift event ever in Texas, I am excited about that. *It was soooo much fun.

The drivers didn't embarrass me in front of Yokoi, that was a plus. *I was a little worried about that lol.

Sy Pham took amazing photos and made everything look epic.

Fielding Shredders car now looks cool. *WUT.

I dressed up Yokoi in a one of my hats. *I think he got a kick out of cowboys so we made him a cowboy for the event.

Cool cars everywhere.

Arizona dudes made the event so much better.

--------

So back on topic with the build. *The car is pretty rad. *It has no problem keeping up with the faster cars in our series, LOOKS like it is a simple car with the tiny bottom mount t2 turbo, HASN'T BROKEN A TRANNY YET, whew, and is super duper fun. *I get to shift a lot, make judgement calls on what gear to be in and need to think a bit, and basically is totally different from my V8 car, which became a point and shoot car for the most part. *I love the SR20 stock transmission, I love banging rev limiter at 8k everywhere, I love the stock bumpers and no kit, I love trading paint with people. *I was super busy at the event and only got about 12 runs, but got some amazingly fun tandem in. *The car was awesome, and really fun. *I hit every single person I drove against except one person as I didn't think they would appreciate it as they have a very nice car. *Everyone else got a mark. *
aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote