View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #40
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by futures14drift View Post
Thank you for your advice. I am looking into fender flares but either way the car is going to be raised up a lot to protect the aero kit from being destroyed. Cry about me using racelands, i don't care right now. For the carpet, if you looked through all the pictures, the car had 3 holes in the floor. Water got in and created mold. I am going to replace it with black carpet.
It's cool that you're almost receptive to advice.

You seemed to miss the important parts, but ehh...

I've considered racelands myself, I'm just telling you that they will probably preform best at their highest setting, and may or may not preform any better than your tein springs. Stop being all defensive, and think about what I said, and my PERSONAL experience with cheap coilovers - being lowered even where tein told me was awful, damping didn't work right, couldn't get camber right on EITHER end, etc. Now I'm 1 inch below stock (as high as I can go) and it's great (by comparison, of course).

Again, you should really check out that article, there's lots of reason to be pretty close to stock height, unless you have aftermarket knuckles, and then, you should still figure out your ideal height, if you care about your car doing anything other than looking good.

And, make SURE that any time you change the height, you loosen and re-torque ALL bolts on rubber bushings, with the suspension laden (or, you can lower your spring seat all the way, and jack up your lca, torque it all, and then put the seat back where you had it.) If you don't do this, you'll rip out the rubber bushings, and rubber is waaaay better than polyurethane for multilink.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote