View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #332
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg3777 View Post
Referring to this thread: www.ka-t.org • View topic - A KA24DE-T'ers california dream manifold

someone mentions the ka sits 2 in higher and that the elbow or dp needs to be lengthened. I'm trying to confirm this. I pmd Matty and he said he just heat and bent his dp to fit. I want it to bolt on with out having to heat it. I'd rather have one of those parts lengthened.
Yes the DP has to be lengthened vertically (closest to the flange that connects to the turbo elbow) by about 1.5 inches. When i ordered my ISIS DP from enjuku racing they already did the lengthening in house before it was shipped. Just have to let them know that its going onto a KA-T setup.

It also depends on how your motor sits due to your mounts. If you have lowered mounts (aka drift freaq or circuit sports) it wont need to be as lengthened as much as if you had Nismo mounts. Its a fine line between clearance to the floorboard and clearance to the asphalt. When you are dealing with an inch or two of clearance it really matters. With my Nismo mounts, my DP sits about a finger away from the floorboard.
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote