View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #40
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
^^Surprised you elected to run a 2-way on a street-driven car. Could not even imagine the 'fun' of trying to keep it straight in the winter lol!
To be completely honest, this is the story of the 2-way:

Decided that I needed some sort of LSD if I was going to be driving the car everyday, especially because it likes to pick up a rear tire on the right incline and I'd gotten stuck because of it once or twice in the first few weeks of driving.

Initially, I planned on running a VLSD, so I bought a shim from the local Nissan Dealership and went over to Elite JDM in Philly to buy a Diff. Get over there, bro with Nick and Papa for a bit, then Nick and I walk into the back to grab a diff. Turns out that he didn't have any Non-LSD 6 Bolt Triangle LSD's sitting out, so we pulled one out of a subframe. To check, we did the whole 'Spin the flanges' thing, and it was locked - Cool Stuff.

Get it home, open the cover, and it's a Nismo 2-Way. (I think - or it's a 1.5, but I don't think so, judging by the cam and how it works)

But yeah, I DD-ed a welded Diff in my S13 for the first year or so that I had a driver's license. It was kind of a baptism by fire on how to not drive like a noodle in adverse conditions, to be honest. Anyway, driving the S14 with a 2-Way is a tonne better than that welded was, as long as I'm gentle with the throttle, it rarely catches me off guard, but the first rainy day or two were sketchy. In the snow it's a complete blast though, especially with snow tires - as long as I'm not going anywhere that requires driving over 40mph or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow hawk View Post
Haters gonna hate, Potaters gonna potate.

Beautiful car man! That color looks awesome! It might have been answered earlier, and I apologize if it has, but where did you get your car sprayed? I gotta get a new spray on my coupe when I get back to the states. Much love for a new england 240! Hopefully I'll get to see this car when I come back.
Car was painted at a Maaco - and it's a single stage job, which is why it cost so little. (relative term) Some people confuse the car for having a 'base/clear' job, but if you look closely, it's obviously a single stage. I took the car to Maaco without any weather seals, interior door trim, bumper, lights, side skirts, etc and that saved me a solid $250 or so. Job isn't the best, but it's one color.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote