View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #100
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
futures14drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
This has been an interesting read for sure, you definitely have some skills with a wrench, I'll give you that - and you seem to have work ethic that's uncommon in even grown men.

What I can't wrap my head around is how you use your age as both a self-compliment and an excuse. On one hand, you mention that your 15 as if we should all be impressed that you're making moves and building 240, but on the other, the first thing that you mention when someone criticizes your decisions is that you're 15 and in high school... I Don't get it.

If you really wanted to be a boss, or do it right, you wouldn't be building a stereotypical 15 year old kids 240.

The purchase of the kit, the wheels (although they're kind of cool), the mention of the plasti dip, and the reasonably powerful SR are all moves that your stereotypical kid in High School with a 240 will make.

Looking at the whole thing, you obviously have a decent source of income, and an awesome place to turn wrenches. Why not build something awesome? It seems like you're rushing this build, with a retrospective (in that you plan to fix stuff later) attitude, when realistically, you've got a solid year or two before you'll actually be driving this thing on the street. In that time considering the resources you appear to have access to, you could build damn near anything you want... But instead, you build a slammed on Racelands, ugly kitted S13 with a grossly over powered SR.

Think about it dude, I'm not even trying to hate, I'm trying to make you think. If you slow down a click or three, think about what you can achieve.
This is the best comment on this thread, thank you i will definatley be reconsidering many many things and keeping this in my head. Update this weekend hopefully the motor will go in.
futures14drift is offline   Reply With Quote