View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #32
brentjj

Trader Rating: (0)
brentjj is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
I wouldn't throw a VG in this car. Slap a VK56 in it. No balls.
I'm happy with the VG. I wouldn't say they have no balls. 300 stock and easily bumped to 400 with out much work. I'm doing a full build any ways and will realistically just be running 450 reliable. The parts are abundant for VG's and there is a good group of tuners behind them. Plus for this car I'm focusing on handling more than power. That is why I chose the v6 to begin with instead of an inline, to keep the weight as far back against the firewall as possible. Arguably though I'm sure an alu block VK weighs about the same as the iron v6. But still, I'd like to keep the weight mid car and I'm not going to sacrafice that for a different engine. Especially one that doesn't have any more power potential.

You also have to keep in mind I'm just a student and don't have $10,000 to drop into a new engine to build and boost.

And Oakville, how cheap is cheap? I just want some thing to drop in for a bit so I can at least see how the car handles before I go too far with the chassis build. - *edit* I'll just pm you.

Last edited by brentjj; 09-21-2013 at 03:45 PM..
brentjj is offline   Reply With Quote