Thread: NOR CAL 240's
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2002, 02:06 AM   #155
Danio
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Danio is an unknown quantity at this point
The "club" idea was made so 240SX enthusiasts in the SF Bay Area can organize local meets more easily and share info they have, like good deals on parts, or good autoshops, and help each other out. (For example, yesterday Ben just helped me change the fluids for the engine, transmission, and LSD on my car. Thanks man. =] )

Mike and I decided on the name Ni-2 (which is just short for Nissan 240SX) and had our first official meet on May 5. We had three S14s and two S13s. We went driving on Mount Hamilton and unfortunately one of the S13s crashed, but it was a really fun/eventful night. Since then we've hung out together a number of times and kept in touch online.

Our only problem seems to be the name Ni-2, which seems to make people think we're a street racing crew. We went with that name because it's easy to remember, it made sense, and it's short (as opposed to something like Nissan 240SX Club of the San Francisco Bay Area). So right now we're called Ni-2, but we're open to suggestions for better names.

Right now we don't have a mailing list or anything but once the group is big enough, maybe someone can set one up. We also plan on eventually having a web site profiling some members' cars, like what they did in the SoCal240SX web site. Anyway, that's all. The club is basically to help us get together more easily and stuff. So far with the few people we have it's been working out pretty well.