View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #19
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
Rutger knows full well this site exists. Why he does/does not join is not my concern

There is a lot of conflicting opinions... I posted this merely to give guys (like me) who don't understand the intricacies of these things something to think about before going out & buying ACL Race bearings thinking that they are 'better' because 'race' is in the verbiage and because a bunch of dogmatic zilvians 'said so'.

Up above, some of these guys build high-revving powerhouses; while others build to OEM spec, while others build stuff in between- hence differences of opinion... and rightly so. It all boils down to experience & preference based on performance characteristics & goals.

so do you think it would be safe to say that nissan oem bearing should be used regardless? i would like to know more on this subject and i believe it would benefit us if some engine builders could chime in. If this fellow rutger could join and get on here and explain that would be great lol..

I build engines but have never built a high performance nissan engine. I am new to nissans and being this is my first 240 i chose to replace the stock engine with another ka24de and did the 5 spd swap at the same time, well i am extremely disappointed in it's power so i am buidling myself a sbc 350, I will be using KING engine bearings because they are proven (in use of old ass chevys and what not and i always have great consistency with clearance)