View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
redjet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
redjet is an unknown quantity at this point
NY 2Restora40 S14 Blacktop Build/Rant

Hey guys,

In 2010, I bought a S14 on Nicoclub spent like 9k on it and within 6 months sold it for $3k cuz I had no idea what I was doing or what I wanted.
http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/317212...obo-clean.html

Few weeks ago I dove into another S14, also white and automatic. Was looking for a manual but this one was way too nice to tear into so trying to sell it. Obviously I paid top dollar for it because its insanely mint.
http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/537744...d-leather.html

Before I bought the white one, I saw this red 95 4 lug with an SR in jersey. Older couple selling it, their sons car. Didn't run, been sitting for years, definitely drifted it at some point. I didn't buy it at the time but after getting the white one, buying a full 5 speed swap and deciding not to modify I went back and got the red one.

Here's what I know:
1995 Nissan 240sx 4 lug
Sunroof
137k on the clock
HKS exhaust
S13 SR20det Blacktop
Sparco seats and steering wheel
Minimal rust around the wheel wells nowhere else

Car ran at one point. Poles got crossed on battery, fried the ecu. Ecu was replaced car ran and then stopped. Been sitting since.

I bought the car and on the way back my tow truck buddy suggested we stop at Tach Motor Works in Edison for their grand opening. Keith checked it out. I had no battery so I bought one real quick. Didn't work. The car gets fuel, has compression and power to coils but no signal to spark. Keith said get an igniter and ecu. Called a lot of people on here and craigslist. JDM engine depot said they had both. I dipped to their shop (like 40 minutes from TMW). They only had the igniter. That didn't solve the issue.

Took the car to my garage in NYC. Found a guy in Wanaque, NJ (over an hour away) that had parts so I went out there. Got a cam angle sensor, ecu, igniter and his harness which is for s13 but maybe can make it work in s14.

Haven't installed those parts yet, waiting for my mechanic to check out the car. In the meantime have been ordering random parts I need for the interior. My goal is to have the car at a point where it looks like someone took a 8/10 or 9/10 car and dropped an SR into it.

Came with 2 sets of wheels obviously all bald so putting some fresher 70% thread rubber on all. Wheels are Motegi FF7 18s and stock honeycomb 15s

More to come I am sure, as well as list of parts I am looking for

redjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links