View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 03:55 AM   #31
GUZZLE7
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
GUZZLE7 is an unknown quantity at this point
PBM coil overs arent bad coils i dont really know the specs on them but ive driven in a few cars with them and they ride good and drift fine. theres a really good suspension write up on here about camber caster toe roll center etc.. to start i would just make sure your car is aligned but when you lower your car your stock arm adjustments wont be able to adjust enough to eliminate all the camber created from lowering your car so just do the best u can until u buy aftermarket RUCAS and all your other suspension arms. dont fallow all these clowns with all their camber and hella flush garabage. u want as much tread on the ground in the rear as u can that way your car will catch when u let off and u will be able to transer and get more angle without spinning out so easy. and as far as the engine cooling goes i always change the water pump and thermostat on any new motor or car i buy and bleed the cooling system. look up the write up on how to bleed the ka motors its real simple. and if u have a good working fan your motor should have no problems staying cool with the stock setup, but if u really want to spend the money on a new radiator to be safe more power to you. just make sure most importantly your temp guage works. on my track car i have digital temp, oil pressure, boost, and air fuel ratio guage. u wanna know whats going down so u dont blow your sh*t. you should be fine in your ka as long as your temp guage works properly and maybe get an aftermarket temp guage if your feeling frisky.
best bet is finding a car on craigslist. i always bring a compression checker and check the compression before i purchase any car. i think the compression on ka's is suppose to be around 165 psi. the most important part is that they are all the same or within 5 psi of eachother. and then i look underneath the car and check the frame rails make sure the body isnt all tweaked out and check the radiator support and front end make sure it hasnt been in a wreck. you will see signs of it all tweaked in there if they tried to cover it up. lol even tho i think every 240 ive bought has been in a front end collision or has had the rediator support swapped out. a lot are going to be like that lol. fire the motor up and listen to the motor make sure its not knocking. i always hold it at 2000rpm and listen for knock or timing chain rattle. and remember every 240sx is OBO lol so bargain with that bitch dont let him add on drift tax to the price. keep it around $2000
Sponsored Links