View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #92
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Interesting. If the manifold already comes with over-sized inlets then I suppose all you need to do to take full advantage of it is use the VE gasket.
I will be using either the 3-layer P12 gasket or the 7-layer X-trail one, which are similar to the multi-layer S15 gasket.
I noticed that the difference between them is not necessarily the size of the exhaust ports, but rather that the ports on the VE head are spaced slightly further apart.
As far as I am aware, port centerlines and spacing are identical to the DE and DET. The only thing that was changed was raising the ports in the head for the change in cooling passages and valve angle.

I believe I used the 7 layer exhaust manifold gasket, with which I checked intrusion into the ports and overall port ID to the head. All were well clear without massaging it.