View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #93
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPistons! View Post
Sir, you make me proud to be a New Yorker. You didn't skimp out on anything or buy any stupid shit you didn't need to either. Winning!!!!
Thanks a lot man i appreciate that, car still has a ways to go. Over winter i wanna install an oil cooler setup & hook up oil pressure & oil temp gauges along with hooking up Dakota boxes so my stock spedo and tach work, Onto an update!.

Last weekend i decided to make putting my new wheels on a priority, my wholesale tire connect wanted $400 for new tires, i didn't have that kinda money to spend on tires rite now so i found 2 tires from some lady on craigslist with tons of meat on em for $140 and other 2 from a friend barely used basically new for $150 so i saved myself $110 & mounted & balanced them myself. Don't ask what rims because if i told you id have to kill you & i don't want anyone to get hurt... All im saying is there 18x9.5 & 18x10, 225/40/18 in front 235/40/18 in back.

So then the following monday i put my bride seats in, tuesday i got insurance and Wednesday i registered the car, got home late from work, threw my wheels on, had to run straight to the nearest E85 station (only 1.5 miles from my house) and then straight to school. No fenders or bumper still, Fucks to be given at a later date.

(dirty ass interior, i still haven't even washed the car or cleaned up the inside lol)

Car chillen at automotive tech school. (yes i know theres some wires hanging, yes i will get around to tucking them)

So i daily'd the car a lil bit, here it is at my gym parking garage, also my first speed bump encounter, needless to say i'm going to avoid parking in the garage, or find a speed bump-less way in lol.

Heres a little video clip cruising home from the gym, i cant boost at all as soon as i get out of vacuum and go to build boost i start dumping fuel since i'm only on a base map, 26th of the month i'm scheduled for my dyno tune & then the fun begins, i'm still breaking in my clutch though i've only put about 30 miles on it so far & i've never had a car with a lightweight flywheel so getting used to that was fun.

Yesterday i put my fenders in my hatch and decided to go to the body shop to get my fenders put on by the guy who painted my car. I took this picture outside my garage.

Then this picture outside the deli i got breakfast at.

& then this picture after my driver side axle disconnected on the highway on the way to the body shop...

I felt a wobbling so i pulled over on the highway and somehow all 6 bolts that hold the axle to the differential disappeared, the cap on the axel came off and all the grease came out. So i had the towing company i used to work for come get me after waiting for the truck like 45 mins, i was only like 8 miles from my destination too. I saw a small puddle under the car when it was going on the truck i was hoping it wasnt e85 and the axle may have hit my gas tank, it didnt smell like e85 though so i figured maybe it was oil from the grease or something. Got the car back to my garage and realized the axel had spun and broke a brake line... so now the car sits in my garage on jack stands. Im going to take the axle out probably tuesday night. Im now looking to buy a driver side 300zx TT axle, or i thought about just taking the axle out, packing it with grease and welding a cap back on. When i put the axle back on i guess ill use locktite this time, or put some JB weld on the threads lol.
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote