View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #15365
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
Alright, I've been looking into getting a longer final drive for my S14 (R200V) and have decided to go with a 3.692 final drive. My options seem to be ring/pinions from either an S15 (M/T), JDM S14 (M/T), and Q45 (97-01). Would I be able to use all of my current diff (6 bolt axles, VLSD, S14 pumpkin, etc.) with the R&P from any of these other R200's (I'm guessing I need different axles for the S15 and Q45, this question is mostly about the JDM S14 dif)? If not, what specifically would I need from the other diffs? Just looking for the simplest solution considering I already have an S14 R200V.

Thanks in advance!
Have you looked into a Kazz rebuild kit? I know the OE SE 4.08:1 seems a little steep, but you might want to go only as high as a 3.88-92. A 3.60 will shred tires on take off or be easily overcome in corners for oe stock engine drift. The more power you add the worse/?better? it will get. I am assuming you are going VLSD or semi locking, right?

I have a quick question of my own. I have looked all over, rimtuck etc, and have not found a good answer:
7x7.5 +42 ICW (Gram Lights G-Games clones). I know OE SE is 6.5x16 +40
How much spacer do I need front and rear to push these out to the fender lip?

I am thinking maybe 15mm rear, 10mm front or maybe 20mm rear and 15mm front. The wheels are in almost perfect shape, have new tires on them, so I want to use them until I can get the cash for what I really want. I figure a little cash for spacers won't be too bad and it will make the wheels set up right