View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #3113
reynas14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
reynas14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black R View Post
Anybody reused the stock fuel hard lines and simply tapped into them and then run -an fittings and braided lines?

I don't want to run new lines from the tank, etc, just yet - I want to reuse as much of the stock hard lines as possible.

I'm not happy with my fuel lines and want to redo them, so show me how you did it.
I think it depends on what horsepower and fuel you want or plan on using in the future. Im replacing my supple and return lines on mine because im running -8 supply and -6 return.

And actually that brings me to a question. I plan on using e85 with my setup. Looking for around 700 on e85 with a 6266. But heres where im undecided, should I either

A) go with duel 320lph AEMs, make a duel hanger, run duel -6 lines
B) use a magnafuel 750 single and run the -8???

I understand that duels would be cheaper, but heres what im thinking, if I go duel, it will:

Save me money on pump prices
Cost me way more in an fittings and now having to run a second line as well as an additional filter.
More wiring and controls
If one fails it will lean the engine out and possibly damage it!

The big magnafuel is more expansive but can handle more than I plan on using, has wiggle room in case I want more hp.

One thing thats bothering me though, I will need this thing lower than my tank so that it picks up fuel right, so im not sure of the best way in doing this! Im unsure and kinda stuck on my fuel setup. I thought I had it all figured out, but duel pumps are throwing me off atm lol.
Would love to hear opinions and experiences as well as advice. Thanks guys