2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobarton View Post
im jealous..love the type x aero..doing good work
Thanks man.

Update: So last week i fixed the axle, replaced the brake line and that weekend i went to a huge meet in Flushing no front end open down-pipe.

The meet was so big a little while after a police helicopter showed up along with some squad cars to disperse everyone lol.

The next day sunday i went and got my exhaust finished since Sunny was too busy with work i didn't have time to wait any longer. i didn't get to the body shop to put the fenders on yet, my hood didn't close because it hit the v=band on the intake manifold and i still wasn't giving any fucks so with no front end and open down-pipe, trying my best to avoid cops I went to Monkey Wrench on Liberty ave with my piping. Tesh runs the shop and he connected the down-pipe to the cat-back so my whole exhaust is 3 pieces, all 3". Tesh is also the founder of the facebook and instagram blog Lowered Congress that post's mostly Tri-state cars so he took some pictures too.

I started my car up in his shop, Exhaust sounds great.

i was having a small coolant leak when the engine was at operating temp which was about 175 degrees, when the car was warming up in the shop without the fans on it went to about 190 and the leak got worse so i lost a bunch of coolant. I parked the car across the street for it to cool off and Tesh shot this pic.

When i got home i realized the leak was from the water pipe that comes off the head, i tightened the clamp around the looped hose and everything seems fine. I started the car and let the temp go up to 200 degrees and no leak. Usually i drive around with just one fan on and it keeps the temp under 180 (flex-a-lite shroud with 1 flex-a-lite 12" fan & one 12" Mishimoto fan)

Sunday i got my fenders put on, and monday i cut a small section of the hood support/skeleton that was hitting the v-band and now my hood closes fine. When i get good photos of it ill post em but the fiberglass fenders are pretty close to the wheel so i'm expecting them to be destroyed the first time i get the car sideways and im going to pick up some oem fenders tomorrow. This weekend i need to get a dump pipe made, Bead put on the 2 intercooler pipes for the 1 section i have a coupler and the blow off valve flange welded on and then ill be ready to hit the dyno next week, Hopefully all goes well lol.

Last edited by 2stepGoesPowPow; 02-11-2014 at 11:41 PM..
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote