View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #82
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
People now and days will do anything for fresh ideas.
Dude, I don't think you get what I am saying...

In order to reach the point they are today, Marvel's movie studios had to start somewhere. In order to get their projects off the ground they sold the movie rights of certain properties to different movie studios.

- 20th Century Fox got the Fantastic 4, X-Men and pretty much anything mutant related.
- Sony got Blade, Spiderman, Ghostrider, Daredevil and Elektra.
- IronMan and all the Avengers on the big screen stayed with Marvel, which is now owned by Disney.

Fox, Sony and Disney are not going to be letting their properties crossover with the other companies (unless they exploit loopholes like with QuickSilver and Scarlet Witch).

When Marvel sold off their movie rights to these characters, there is a clause in the contracts that will allow Marvel to regain their rights to them in certain situations, like if the company holding the rights doesn't release a movie featuring the character within 10 years or something.

Recently, Blade, Ghostrider, Daredevil and Elektra reverted back to Marvel's ownership. But Fox and Sony have a deathgrip on the Xmen and Spiderman (not sure whats up with the Fantastic 4. Last I heard, they were up for a reboot soon). They won't be sharing the same universe with the Avengers or each other any time soon.

So no Stark Industries building Sentinels. I believe Trask Industries' has that contract sowed up.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote