View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #19
akamal92
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
akamal92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Many Updates check it out

So now that i got the car back i have been just waiting on parts to come in to put it back together. So thats why i have not posted anything ina couple of days but i finally have had a couple of days off and i got some serious work done on the bay. And the front suspension and brakes.

Got my new OEM Hood Rod Bushing and new oem hood rod in

Put my new oem hood latch and oem hood hinges with new oem bolts for both son.. no more leaning hood

Put my new hood rod clip in to keep that rod straight

Refinished my headlight motors and have new caps coming to go on them

Put my refinished brake booster and new o.e replacement brake master cylinder and clutch master cylinder in.

Installed my new oem upper radiator brackets and lower radiator bushings

Here is a picture of it all put together in harmony it looks so pretty.

So now that i got the bay looking good and put together i had to get moving with renewing my front suspension and getting everything powder coated that looked old. I didn't want to paint the parts i powder coated because i wanted it to be durable and rust resistant and stand the high heat from the brakes. Plus powder coated sounds cooler. When i had the front suspension off i had to clean and undercoat the wheel wells to get it looking newer under there.

Here is a cool pic of the complete front suspension and steering components removed. And you get a look at how nice that oem front lip fits.

Then i cleaned under the wells and got it all undercoated

As i let everything dry for up an harden for a week i took my calipers an front spindles to get sandblasted and powder coated gloss black. along with rebuilding my caliper back with a new oem seal kit. i forgot to take a picture of the calipers before so i just have final products. I also cleaned up my BC coilovers and Isis front tension rods so they looked newer when they went on. Along with those i purchased new O.E replacement front lower control arms with new ball joints and bushings. I also cleaned up my front 5-lug hubs so they looked newish.

The new control arms.

The coated front spindles

And the final product

All i need to finish up the completed front end suspension and brake rebuild is
rotors, pads, rack an pinion with tien hardened inner tie rods and spl pro outer tie rods along with a new steering column bushing, and a new front sway bar with endlinks and bushings.
After i finish the front suspension rebuild i will be moving to the rear subframe to get that completed and eveything powdercoated and replace bushings and arms that need to be done and get that dialed in. after that process is completed i will buy my new wheels and get the motor for this thing and get it started to roll on the streets and i will be saving to get it painted once again, so that it will be perfect. Because i have just made my order for all new outer window moldings and trim that come in the factory black color from Nissan. And weather stripping for the doors and hatch. I will post pictures of those when they come in.

Ohh and i felt baller this week and picked up the last set of brand new driver and passenger door windows in the USA for a s13 240sx due to the fact my windows were scratched and i hated looking out them. and a new windsheild just because i have to pull the windows out anyways to get it painted perfect.

my windows just chillen