View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
LeLyn

Trader Rating: (0)
LeLyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everyone. So I've had a little time to work on the 240z. I pulled the L24 engine out and cleaned up the engine compartment. I then trimmed the factory transmission cross member mounts, although I need to trim a little bit more since the rb25 transmission is so much wider that it still touches the mounts. Another 1/8" or so and I'll be in business. Here are a few pictures of the progress. Feel free to comment or ask questions.

Please excuse the mess. I am still in the middle of tucking in and securing the Wiring specialties harness. I also need to finish mounting the custom fabbed oil dipstick (The CXRacing oil pan has NO DIPSTICK!!!)
I installed a surge tank in the engine compartment and mounted a low pressure high volume lift pump in the rear of the car feeding the surge tank as well as a Bosch 044 high pressure pump in the engine compartment fed by the surge tank. This simplified the plumbing as well as kept the high pressure line very short. With this setup, all of the fuel lines carry low pressure (around 5 psi) accept for a short stretch (Approx 15") from the Bosch pump to the fuel rail. This should help to minimize the likelihood of high pressure fuel leaks.
I'm taking the weekend off to spend time with the family, but will be back to work on the car on Monday. My hopes are to have the car in a driving sate by the time my holiday vacation is over on the 2nd. I'd like to drive the car to work on Thursday. We will see how things go.
LeLyn is offline   Reply With Quote