View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #24
akamal92
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
akamal92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Newest Update's

One of my favorite perks of working at a Nissan dealership and owning a Nissan is being able to get all the cool oem parts for the cheap prices i always wanted.

Earlier in the build thread i mentioned how i was going to start ordering all the new door moldings and trim pieces outside the car to freshen it up to look brand new when it gets painted again. These items i believe give the car that final look of perfection where most build fail to do because race car lol. but i like those speed builds to but i really want to just have a clean perfect looking car thati can take to anyshow and get respect as a builder/restorer.

But in the mean time while i waited on the parts to arrive i took the interior apart to clean the floor board and re-coat it with an undercoat product from 3M. That also serves a sound deadener to keep it quite inside and keep the floor from rusting out in the future. and it looks a lot better the shitty stuff that is there now.

A picture of the floor before the clean up and coating.

Then i spent about 2-3 hours just cleaning the floor board and removing all the seat belts out and i let the coating start and here was the final product

I think it came out really good. It gets pretty hard when it dries up. The can says 2-3 hours dry time but i left it for a good day to dry before i touched it and i laid it down thick so it wanted to be sure it was going to be dry. I like how it stayed black and didn't turn a different shade through the drying process.

So after a week passed i got some cool stuff in at work i thought i would share with you guys an gals out there.

New Drivers and passenger outside door moldings, B-pillar trim, and upper weather stripping retainer. everything is so nice an black an shinny in person its like im a kid in a candy store

New weather stripping for the doors and window for both driver and passenger
(No more wind noise an leaky water hopefully)

New headlight bezels with no cracks or fading they look amazing.

New OEM rear lower control arms w/ new ball joints and bushing.

Then here is my interior that is going to all be getting refinished in a SEM product. Along with my first uncracked dash that will be getting redyed black to make it look brand new and give the interior that new look.

Newer A/C vents that don't look to aged picked them up for a steal and none of them were cracked.

Then here is a picture of my new radio i got on black friday for $20.00 so i can vibe to my music when i ever do get to drive this thing.

My next steps in this build process is the get the whole rear end done and refinished so when i put my motor in the car it will be solid and ready to handle power and drive comfortably. But today i made an order for all my new interior bits an pieces that will finish off the interior nice when it is all put back together. I sometimes feel this car is going to be the death of me at times lol but i love it and i will continue to build it up hopefully it will be done and ready to go in the next couple of months. and i can show it off at the upcoming shows here in Florida.