View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #4
ianmyers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
ianmyers is an unknown quantity at this point
UPDATE: Replaced the fuel pump last night. It was a piece of cake and all went well. I start the car and let it warm up/idle for about 8-10 minutes to make sure everything is running well. I drive the car a 1/4 mile down my street and it completely dies/shuts off. This happened at night so I couldn't do much investigation. Basically walked home and went back at it this morning since I had some time off from work and school. Found that the fuse for the fuel pump blew which is why the car shut off and died on me. Now every time I replace the fuse it blows as soon as the key is put in the "on" position. The car is completely stock so none of the original wiring has been tampered with. I also replaced the fuel filter today to eliminate another future headache. I'm wondering why the fuse keeps blowing even though the wiring hasn't been touched (besides the positive/ground on the fuel pump). Could the new fuel pump be defective and be drawing too much power causing the fuse to blow? Could the ECU be causing the fuse to blow? A friend of mine had a similar issue. Also, the relay looks fine that is associated with the fuel pump so I'm pretty stumped at this point. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks guys
ianmyers is offline   Reply With Quote