View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Javier13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Javier13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Background info on me and my car. I'm currently a full time student at FAU pursuing Mechanical Engineering and a minor in Mathematics in Boca Raton,FL. I'm originally from Tampa. I love drifting, friends, studying, and keeping to myself a lot lol. I got my 240 when i was 15. I enjoy all music Hardcore, Rap, Metal ect... I'm also a huge video game, anime and manga nerd. I love that shit. I'll list my favorite music, manga, anime, and my dream car list, just so you guys can know who i really am!

Dream Car set-up:
Jzx100-Daily/drift car
newer f350- daily/tow rid
930 RWB Porsche-garage car
r32 4door w/ a 1jz- Competitive drift car

Favorite Bands/Artist:
Issues
The Tempations
Micheal Jackson
Memphis Mayfire
Underoath
Daft Punk
Suicide Silence
Biggy
2-pac
SOD
A7X
TDWP
Blink-182
R, Kelly
Usher
Dream Theater
Green Day
The HAARP Machine
Old Kayne West stuff(his new shit sucks and has no feel to it)
BMTH
Sky Eats Airplanes
Miss May I
Final Fantasy Soundtracks
The Bunny The Bear
Anime OP's and ED's
Outkast
The Drifters
ECT..... i like anything haha except country!

Anime:
Too many to list but just a small list
Kill La Kill
SAO
Gintama
One Piece
really the list is ongoing for fucking ever this includes manga too

Video Games:
All RPG's (Dragon Quest, FF series, Zelda series, Pokemon, Fallout series, KH series, Ni No Kuni, Tales of series, Persona series, Xenosaga series... ect..)
I hate xbox, love sony and i own every sony console except the PS4 because i rather have cool drift car
And select shooter like Titan Fall, Bioshock, and BF games.

I love my family and would do anything for them. And they're are my biggest supporters especially my mom who's an angel who's put up with all my shit almost getting arrested for street sliding, helping me pay for events when I didn't have money. Taking me to school when I broke something on the 240 haha.
My brother who's car really made me want a 240 so much. He was also a big help on helping install all the motors ive gone through, pulling all nighters getting my jz finished up and getting it to the dyno.

There's a shit ton of people that have helped me but you guys would hate me if i continued, but the last kid is seriously my right hand man along with my best friend my little cousin. Now this kid has been with me through hell and back with this build, with hoping onto of curbs (which ill get to further in the story), when i was sliding my car in the rain and we flew into the woods right in-between 2 fucking trees and came out with out a scratch and continued to slide. But we've been through a bunch of shit lol. this dude is rad as fuck is another big supporter of mine.

Now with the build starting all the way back in 2009 when i first bought the 240 it was single cam 5 speed for $700. I Didn't know how to drive stick for shit and thought myself and drove around in a 4x4 single cam 240. I also had no mechanic skill what so fucking ever.
1st thing i ever did was weld the diff so I can slide in the back of my school which was all dirt. Had a fucking blast in the schools parking lot.

Then i bought my first set of old rusty as fuck stance coilovers, control arms all circuit sports, and 5 lug from Ichiba and a bunch of other suspension goodies to get ready to go drifting. (**Note fuck ichiba and their customer service better off just going with isis or oem shit**). But I became best friends with the dude who was with the dude who sold me the stance coilovers.

Sean who was the kid who sold me the coilovers was with who is now my best friend Tyler and the kid that got me into drifting. Here's his old s13 (which you guys can all hate on but we trashed that shit after he hit a gaurd rail a couple times lol) and his 1JZ (which was the main reason i went 1jz) LS400 which we also junked due to money issues with his buisness.

The ls400 I helped him build was on stance nations facebook, and we junked it and sold everything off of it so he could get more money for his business.

and there it goes lol!!!

Back to the main story.

A couple weeks after I threw on all the new suspension parts i blew my single cam. Pissed as fuck I had no idea what was going on with the car. It had threw a rod and knocked. This was where I learned how to work with cars and swapped a dual cam into the car. And with the dual cam I did literally everything to swap it in with no knowledge of mechanic.

Then went to my first event at cfrc, I was such a noob and didnt know i needed a helmet and my friend had let me borrow his. And god damn i blew so much dick rode the hell out of the clutch and burnt up the oem clutch disk. Smelled like straight ass hair burning the whole 2 hour drive. My aunt helped me out and bought me a ebay clutch (Which went through so much abuse and never let me down ever!!!!!)

Then I went to my second event full auto at the st. pete times forum. This is where I finally knew what the hell to do. Had a lot of people jump in the car with me and helped me out. I still sucked of course but i was progressing. (I was also straight pipe ka24de which was fucking terrible and obnoxious)

Then i continued going to events and street sliding with my buddy Tyler and kevin for the rest of the year. And started getting good!

Then I fucking shredded through my wiring harness and a bunch of other shit street sliding. The car never ran right ever again. so it was parked for a while and had to get it towed home. (which happened a lot when i went SR20)

Then my buddy let drive his sr20 and fell in love it. So I worked my ass off throughout the winter break doing odd jobs here and there to save up for a sr and other parts for it. Then after all the hard work it paid off so nicely! Still was 16 and did my 1st sr swap alone, man did i do a shitty job.

I then blew the clutch on the sr and yes it was a ebay clutch i didnt know any better!!

Tried swapping out the clutch with a local company that made them to slide at the 1st frankenslide event at cfrc. Missed it because I didn't adjust the pedal correctly and the car wouldn't go into gear. Knowing that now i felt like such a noob and felt so left out at that event )):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giW3agA0RmY

After i got the car running good is started to just load up on tires and just fucking destroy them.

Tried manjing down a main road and fucked everything up suspension wise on the car. The stance coils beffy as fuck were the old part on the driver side that didnt get destroyed.

got solid rear bushings for the car to start making my suspension set-up better

Blew 4 transmissions it never eneded haha!!

Last edited by Javier13; 02-11-2014 at 07:11 AM..
Javier13 is offline   Reply With Quote