View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #40
Aaj2k5
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Aaj2k5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Obviously not the wheels I will be running, however these 205/60/R16 have the exact same OD as the 275/40/R17 I have at the shop. Someday will be 315/35/R17, but I'll run the Yokohama 275's I already have first.

The forward rear control arm mount is at 0 degrees centre of mount pivot to the centre of the balljoint at the ride height shown. This leaves 3.5 inches of wheel travel upwards from ride height once I cut out the wheel well and run extra wide ZG flares

The rearward rear control arm mount is at ~5 degrees from centre of mount pivot to centre of balljoint at the ride height shown.

Suspension experts: Is 3.5" enough wheel travel or am I leaving too much or too little of a gap before hitting tire into wheel well? The optimum parallel RLCA - is this to the front mount or the rear mount of the RLCA?

All arms will be adjustable, but if I have to move my subframe mount up - now would be the time to do it.

Also, made these braces up - will make the same for the other side of the engine mount bracket all the way to the firewall.

Factory 2012 Camaro driveshaft with the isolator placed where my transmission flange will be:

This means I can cut the second half of the camaro driveshaft off at roughly that weld line and weld a Q45 flange onto it for mating to my diff. I'll have a U-Joint, Slip yoke as well as the rubber isolator at the transmission output shaft.

Picked up GM LS7 Lifters

As well as GM LS2 Lifter Trays

Everything in blue is done.

I put the Z back on rotisserie today so if this week I can come to a conclusion about the subframe height I can continue on with the cage.

Last edited by Aaj2k5; 09-03-2018 at 11:15 AM..
Aaj2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote