View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 12:05 AM   #29
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikzilla View Post
Ahh see that's where you're wrong! This is during (supposedly) CLOSED LOOP. Not open loop. (Yes 100 is 100% of the base map).

The TPS voltage you see here is only 1.1. This is basically 15% throttle, just enough to barely accelerate in 2nd gear.

If I open up map trace, it actually shows me in closed loop during the stumble.

focus on the scenario:
I apply 15% throttle at 2500-3000 RPM, attempting to maintain constant speed. Everything is normal for about 1 second, narrowband oscillated at an average of 0.5. Then narrowband all of a sudden goes 100+, wideband jumps to 17.2, 1 more second, wideband jumps to 20. Car starts stumbling. Car will KEEP stumbling (misfiring) if I do not move throttle. I don't let it do this for too long. I usually just floor it for 1 second from here on to throw it into open loop and give it more fuel. The only way to maintain highway speed safely is to drive 0% throttle / 100% throttle.

It might be sucking air from somewhere. An enormous vacuum leak would cause that. Did you pressure the plastic inlet tube in front of the compressor? between the maf and compressor that plastic tube always leaks causing problems. An air leak accounts for all your symptoms, dropping duty cycle, lean misfire, and everything else appears to be working perfectly fine.