View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 12:52 AM   #39
adey
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
adey is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks eek for clarifying - I found out earlier today that only R34s used 14mm bolts. Seems R33 and earlier all used 12mm.

Funny how my quest for some front brakes can bring alive a 2-year-old post and turn it into such a... heated discussion. They're just brakes, everyone, and they're just cars...

A little chime-in on the Z32 vs GTR vs Z33 vs Sentra brakes -- I'm out in Hong Kong where we have no sentras, and Z32s are almost as rare (only ever seen one, and it was NA). We have a ton more GTRs and Z33s, so while yes, the brembos are expensive (market price is about 1k for a pair of used Z33/R34 front gold brembos with rotors), they are far more available than Z32s.
Unfortunately we also have S13, s14 and S15s keeping the R33, R34 & Z33 brembos in high demand.

On performance... I'm on stock RPS13 280*22mm rotors, which are not as thick as the 26mm or 30mm Z32s, but I managed to fade them very easily, after just 3 or 4 runs on a short local twisty. (Admittedly it's steep.) Hence my search for something bigger. I'm actually seriously considering the non-brembo Z33 310mm which should also be easier on my MC. Anyone do that yet?
adey is offline   Reply With Quote