View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
91ka24
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
91ka24 is an unknown quantity at this point
an opportunity came up, where a guy wanted to purchase my sr and have me install it in his corolla. so i started adding up the profit from it, and decided to go ahead and do the work for him and buy a 2j

and of course had to match the cage

at this time i decided to get ready to compete in the Lone star drift series in texas so i obtained a sparco seat

Pbm hydro ebrake

went ahead and shed some weight with a lexan rear window

1st round was in Houston texas

had a blast at my first competition. qualified 13th out of 30. but i got beat out during top 16. all in all it was so much fun competing and getting some tandem time in. Then.... round 3 came, and this happened.

i was doing a tandem run in practice, a 350z spun out in front of me and it happened so fast i had no time to react and hit his quarter panel. Z's are freaking tanks, barely dented his quarter panel. but there was no time to give up. got back home, and threw the car on the jack stands and got to work.

after pulling the engine, i cut the frame at the strut towers and welded in 1/8" plate

took the car to a frame shop and got it straightened from the tension rod brackets back.

pulled the twins off to go with a driftmotion billett 6262

then started doing my tube front. this is my first time ever using a mandrel bender. i think it turned out pretty good

turbo close up

got the manifold ceramic coated and switched to a Tial mv-s 38mm wastegate

and painted the tube front to match the cage

Driftmotion oil cooler

New rack and bushings

cut a hole for the dmax style hood vent

went ahead and upgraded to ls2 coil packs since im going with aem

made the brackets and did all the wiring myself. no more ignitor

went ahead and painted the intake manifold wrinkle black

hood vent installed

took the car to the dyno and had my buddy tune it. as of right now im still on factory injectors and pump gas. on 13 pounds the car made 347hp and 340tq and was at full boost before 4k. so i was extremely happy with the response.