View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 11:45 PM   #11
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Draggin A$$ is an unknown quantity at this point
It's running! It runs a bit rough but its been sitting for like 8 months.

http://vimeo.com/60924309

After getting it running the SR decided it wanted to throw up. Blown the head gasket. It didn't like the move from 99% humidity to 1% humidity. Needless to say it needs ALL gaskets replaced and the turbo seals are shot too. So, the S14 will be down a bit longer now.

While I was waiting on parts for the motor, I added some paint to the over fenders. And since it's finally getting a little warmer I'm gonna start fixing the broken pieces of my body kit.

Look I found my coolant

Well I got the head off. All I have to do now is clean it up and put the new head gasket on and reassemble it. I'm still waiting on two parts to come in.

Here are some pics

So, I got the motor the head gasket in. I get the fixed and while I getting the cams back in my exhaust cam snap. Yay for me! I put in a call to a friend in Japanland and he sent me a set of cams for the cost of a 30 pack of Bud's. I get them put them in and go to start the car and it just cranks and I get nothing. I check the main things spark, fuel and every things working right. Well I was stumped so I stopped for the night. While I was sleeping I had a dream about the the starting issue. So, 9 times out of 10 when I have a dream like that its right. So, when I got off work I went out to the car pulled the valve cover off turned the crank to TDC then checked the timing on the cams and you know what I was 4 teeth off. How? I have no clue. I get all that fix and the car fires up first try. So the car is running but making this God awful metal on metal clacking. First thing that comes to mind is a bent valve. So I stopped for the night all pissed off. The next day after work I pull the valve cover off expecting the worst but to my surprise one of my rockers fell off. I get it back on and manually turn the crank to watch for bent valves and nothing. I start the car up and it's running smoother than it did when I had it in Okinawa. So, the motor is in and running great now. I started fixing my body kit last night. I laid the fiberglass so it could sit over night. The rest of the weekend will be bondo, kitty hair and sanding.

Here's the cam that broke

Some body work getting done.

And here she is back on the road
Draggin A$$ is offline   Reply With Quote