View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #396
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Small update:

I spent most of yesterday feeling pretty crappy. Felt like I had some type of crazy hangover.....except I don't drink. Pretty sure it was being in the garage at night and spraying the paint in closed quarters like I did. The door was open but there was literally zero wind. The paint shop called to tell me that they couldn't get this specific paint in CA now so i'm assuming that might have had something to do with it? Maybe not? who knows...either way I won't be spraying without a respirator again. Just not worth it. I was also able to lay down the first 2 coats of my hot pink magenta as well, but I didn't want to post pictures till I was finished. Well disaster struck and my last 2 cans both malfunctioned and the cans were compromised haha. It's actually not very funny at all because each can is 25 bucks. And lets hope to god they have enough to replace the two cans that were ruined so I can finish the cage and make sure the paint is nice and even. Right now it's kinda Blotchy. But heres a couple pics.
messed up can

I was also able to start working on turbo placement. Once again...sticking with the long runner design. But the Manifold needed to have/and be the following:

Nice and smooth Bends for better flow
be as close to 20-22" of runner length as possible
fully divided
be as far away from the LIM as possible
allow top mount wastegate placement
have excellent priority wastegate placement (tear-dropped)
dual egt bungs easily accessible
Easily accessible turbo mount hardware
Be able to install the manifold while the motor is in the car
be braced easily

After 3-4 hours of messing with placement ideas I finally realized that there were a few things I would need to sacrifice in order to retain my existing Intercooler position. I was going to move the Ic....but that would require re-doing my ducting...which I really don't want to do.
So I came up with this position..

More updates to come but i'm going tobe busy here for a few days so I may not get to posting. Stay tuned!!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote