Thread: My sr20
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #4
.db.

Trader Rating: (0)
.db. is an unknown quantity at this point
okay so i changed the pcv valve for the h of it.

I installed the original o2 that came with the car. It ran great for about 2 days. I was on my way home and it started running rough - even getting what seamed like fuel cut at 3200 rpm or so. The car would lurch and wouldn't go any faster.

I tested my TPS sensor, thinking it may be the cause. i have 5v being delivered and when i resitance check the sensor it self at fully closed i get 11-12 ohms. When its open I get 5-6 ohms. According to the FSM I should see 0.35-0.65 ohms at closed and 4.0-5.0 at wot. I am testing between (B) and (C) terminals on the sensor as directed by the FSM on EC-204 and EC-135.

My roommate said his coupe did the same type of thing, lurching, bogging, running rich, and he replaced his MAF and it fixed the problem. I am currently working on making jumpers to use to install the sohc maf from his car to see if anything changes.

The spark plugs i have before (installed when i did the swap) were 6 range. I installed the 7's but havent driven with it yet.

I have yet to do a boost leak check, however i did smoke the intake and did not find any large leaks. I did however find the vacuum line to the fpr to be brittle and it fell apart in my hands so i went and replaced all the vacuum lines.
.db. is offline   Reply With Quote