View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #56
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarRamrod View Post
It is essentially an air filter since we are using it to filter air. I've sated numerous times what is inside a proper catch can so idk why you're trying to tell me. Lol
So those ebay air filters, that people use to filter air... those are good air filters? Because people use them to filter air?

People sometimes use a sock to filter air. So that is an air filter? Just because I use it?

You consistently make the erroneous claims of someone without any scientific background. What you did there, is called non-scientific coorelation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correla...mply_causation

Quote:
Just because you add a catch can to a PCV system doesn't turn it into something other than a PCV system. It's still a PCV system but it now has a filter integrated into the system.
1. adding length to the PCV system makes it less effective. If you add 10000 feet of hose between the intake and the valvecover, do you think you will get a strong vacuum signal at the other end? Adding unnecessary length to the PCV system is working AGAINST it's design. You are HURTING the PCV system by integrating ANYTHING, be it .1" or 99999" of hose.
2. You, and everyone else, has ZERO data about "air filter" capabilities of any/all catch cans available. Most do not contain ANYTHING. The ones that do contain a large wirey mesh, incapable of filtering air particulate.

3. The materials that compose common metal-mesh inserts of catch cans provide a reaction surface (catalyst) for potentially hazardous side reactions for the truly (un-named as of yet) harmful partially de-hydrogenated/oxidized carbon compounds (the ones I was hoping you would mention but failed to) Making the catch can a potentially harmful addition to the PCV system, besides the obvious draw back of the additional length (#1).

Quote:
I'm sorry you ran into someone who knows what they are talking about. Haha. It's just not your day today. I've explained how it works, why it works and why you should use one.
Yeah you really know what you are talking about. Still waiting for pictures of your catch can between the valvecover and intake manifold.