View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #417
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Small Update: Fabrication

This is just another one of those examples of why I need to invest in a good welding machine. I'm basically ready to start the motor. I have no turbo manifold...but I have all my materials. I'm still stuck because I refuse to pump out a bunch of money to have someone weld out my manifold. I may just jump into it tonight. Make cuts carefully with my Angle grinder and just make slow progress with it till I have a full manifold. I can use masking tape to hold the pipe together for mocking...but I'll need something els to hold the pipe to the flange etc. I mean I could always go to a shop and have them do it but then they're going to want to do it "their" way. "no no man, I've been doing this for years" Or "lets just make it short" I simply need someone to weld. My buddy will weld for me..but I want to start now and I don't want to wait.

But tidying up everything yesterday. Took a couple pics of the double sided tape fixed braided sleeving running down both sides of the car.

Other than that, remember when I told you guys I let my neighbors kid sit in my car? Well when he played speed racer and mashed my open clutch and brakes with no rotors on....it closed up the spacing on my front brake calipers. I already fixed that last week... still a pain in the arse though.. Well today while bleeding the clutch I realized real quick what else had happened.. AFTER brake fluid spilled out of the transmission bell housing and all over the started and my garage floor. Well It pushed the piston all the way out of the slave and the rubber boot popped off so that it was no longer attached when I pulled the slave out. Had to go fishing for 45 min to get it out of the bell housing because it was wedged behind the clutch fork. Annoying!!! Finally got it, cleaned up the mess, and got back to zero...bleeding the clutch. Then I had no more brake fluid haha...so ran to pep-boys and got it bled in about 2 min flat. Thank god for speed bleeders... Seriously...best investment ever.
Brakes and Clutch are solidly bled and feel good. Adjusted clutch and that was that. Cleaned the garage and sat and wished I could jump into the manifold.

Hopefully I can make some progress here this weekend. We'll see how that goes though. More updates soon!

Stay Tuned!!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote