View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #419
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Continued:

That last pic above is the money shot. I Worked on the entrance angle alllllll day Saturday. Probly about 6 hours embarrassingly.. But I wanted it to be just right.. Nice smooth bend into the turbo. There will be no harsh bends or anything under a 5" CLR bend. The front runner is actually a 6" CLR and the rear runner is 5" CLR. This was the custom stuff I ordered a while back. Nice thick 11 Gauge. Shouldn't even need a brace...but I'll probly add one just because.
In other happenings with the car I came across an OEM Roof/Hatch visor... Love it.. super clean too.

And just sitting the Espirit Tail light cover on for kicks..

After all this crap...I thought my day was over. But my girlfriend had to study for a big test on Tuesday so I decided to push it into overdrive haha...
Worst installs are Aero catch hood pins...TONS of cutting, fine fibgerglass dust and if you mess up...yea..don't mess up...especially on this hood.

I used my old mount location because I really liked them....and I feel like this location is stronger than other options.
Used cardboard to trace where my old cut outs were.

Literally scratched the cut out into the hood with a fine tipped etch and started cutting. A good tip to do this is if you cover the entire engine bay with something so the dust can't get all over. I used 3 giant beach towels. Also, just as important..I had my shop vac right next to the dremel..this way after every big cut I vac'd up the dust and kept cleaning to an all time min. This really helped visualize where I needed to cut and kept dust from going EVERYWHERE. it still got all over..but this was better than a garage filled with dust particles like last time.
didn't snap pictures because this process is long enough and takes special attention so I didn't want to break up my groove and pull my gloves off..dirty my phone etc. So instead...here is the end result. If they're off...I can't tell.. But they measure the same and I'm really happy with the result. Best of all..Luckily.. which never happens..the pins actually lined right up!!! didn't even need to adjust them!! I was amazed..and really stoked on that haha. Here are some pics!
Drivers side

Passenger side.. put some stickies of my cousins Luxury Hat company. Not sure if I like the location of them though...But "Melin Brand," go check them out!

I'll have to take a better pic without glare but these pins are definitely worth the install time. They're clean and I love popping them open for use haha.
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote