View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 06:56 PM   #51
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykikchimp
On another note, I understand how the roaming convention is a good thing, but I think giving the convention a permanant home would be more beneficial to the growth of the event. It gives you the oppertunity to build relationships with the community that is hosting it, and thus will increase local support which is what makes a convention fun. If it's in the same place every year, even if it's on the west coast, it makes planning easier, and expectations simpler to meet.

These are my thoughts exactly.

although...

I think the convention should be somewhere centralized(not just because I live here) and it should be held in the same place every year. The first year, it should be held with very low expectations of turnout, only a few hardcore people will venture out from each coast, but much like the UNoN, there will be enough interest from those people do do it again, and next time they might bring a few friends, and the next year even more, and eventually, people will come because its a NATIONAL convention. The point is to meet people from around the country that share the same interests and create a sense of "community". Having rotating coastal meets will not create a feeling of national community, rather the opposite.

If people weren't onboard to go to Vegas, I don't think that any fantastic location will draw enough people out, so just keep it simple. A place with a road course/drag strip/parking lot. I like the idea of Chicago, larger towns in Texas, or somewhere in Colorado with nice mountain drives(where is Pikes Peak?)

-Matt

'89 Nissan 240SX fastback: #23 DSP/RallyMod2/Track Slut
'95 BMW 540i 6 speed: Ultimate Commuting Machine

PFM Racing
www.solo2.org
www.midwest240sx.com
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote