View Single Post
Old 10-01-2004, 01:47 PM   #59
Var
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA
I just read these last few posts, never saw anything other than what I quoted you on. If you want to get defensive over something you said, fine.

The deal is that the Convention should be open and available to everyone as a community. Telling a group of people that they don't belong at all because they're not good enough or live close enough isn't a 'community' action. And thinking that there isn't any enthusiasts or any good cars anywhere else, or any kind of support from shops/tuners/retailers anywhere outside of SoCal is stupid. Heavy Throttle, Enjuku Racing, ProjectSilvia, Connecticut Import Performance, all are outside of SoCal, some of the highest HP KA and SR cars reign outside of the West Coast also. And groups like Atl, Tampa, Orlando, and the entire upper North East Coast all have between 150-300 members, so you're 'thinking' that none of these people have any bearing or any say on where the Convention should be held? Why so much hostility towards people outside of your region?

Alex is trying to get an idea of what is possible from the community as far as stepping in and moving forward instead of sitting where we are, bashing each other. There are enthusiasts in the smallest towns, in the farthest reaches of the Country. Everyone deserves a chance to participate.

I'm not getting defensive over what you said, just the fact that part of my post was erased cause of a crybaby.

What you said in this post is completely valid,. I'm not saying that nobody else deserves to have the convention. I just gave MY reasons why it should be in Socal. Simply greater by number and strength. Doesnt mean outside cali is non-existant, but just not as strong. It's stupid for you to say my opinion is not valid especially when there is logical reasoning behind it.