Thread: S13/S14 to 350Z
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #15
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Shhh... just let him think what he wants. Yeah, S2000's CAN'T be drifted...

I'm also not a fan of its lack of torque in stock form, but what that motor is capable of when turbo'd is nothing short of amazing to me. That is one crazy flowing head. Smokes even a SR20VET VVL, I think, in terms of flow.

As for the convertible, yeah, I'd prefer a T-Top really like the SW20 MR2 or Z32TT. But lets be honest: S2000 is dramatically superior to them. I think I can live with the vert top, but there are hard top options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Maybe, just maybe, they'll move on from the 240's when they are cheap enough to drift into a wall.
Dude, this is already happening. The Z33 is already becoming the cheap weapon of choice for drifters. Grab a 2003, get coilovers, Welded diff, straight pipe. Boom. Ready to go. No expensive mods like engine swaps are needed. The broad powerband takes all the work out of building an amatuer drift car, so the lazy asses are flocking to it for the relative simplicity.