View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 10:43 PM   #84
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
So as a quick refresher, we have to get 3 cars fully functional from basically shell status in just 3 weeks. We are playing musical motors with a couple, as rebuilding my hand made LS1 headers so the motor will fit into a RHD chassis is a bit more work than we have time to add to the project. So we are pulling the Tyler Cox Memorial Missile SR20 out of the white S14 and sticking it in my old competition S13 that had its LS1 from way back in 2007. And we are putting the LS1 from that car ( which hasn't been in it in a couple years, it has just been chilling on the ground as I didn't want to use it so I could maximize tire wear to drive more at events and have fun instead of burning off tires ) into the white S14. Sounds convoluted but it makes sense in our crazy heads. And the S15 is getting the new SR20VET that we have been slowly building and gathering parts for since 2012 it seems.

I really didn't want to put an LS1 into the missile car ( white S14 ) because it was never Tyler's style. He loved imports imports imports and hated V8 stuff. His SR20 made more HP than my built LS1 all the way back in 2007, it was pretty hilarious. He had the budget to keep a crazy SR20 going before any of us really knew how to, and he loved it. But alas, his real memorial car will still have the SR20, and this S14 will get the V8. I figure he would love to see me tandem like a monster in his old missile car, it would make him laugh, and the V8 in the missile car wouldn't really bother him since it wasn't his fancy car. Plus, he would dig the dog box, so V8 dog box it is. It was updated with basically new bearings and 13.5 to 1 pistons, and will be running E85 this time around. Why? I don't know, I'm retarded, thats why. This stupid car is going to kill tires so fast it is stupid, and hopefully it doesn't encourage our local proam drivers to build faster cars, I don't want that. But whatever, it will be LOL.

The motor was luckily refreshed as well as the dog box and has just been hanging out, so it was simple for Derrick to bolt everything back together and slide it over to the S14. It is going in as I type this.

Because we are doing 9 things at once, let me jump over to something else we were doing today.

Cutting stuff up. The brake mount was made for LHD, wouldn't really think about that when swapping to RHD, but it has to be done lol. Little stuff just keeps popping up lol.

RHD dash without cracks cut up and made to fit the cage. Went in and out 20 times while we nibbled to our final cuts. That is Shaun, one of our local drifters and a great friend : )

Interior cleaned up and painted.

Never ending spray painting of things.

While Shaun was working on that stuff, Derrick was in the engine room building the SR20VET. Check out those pistons poking over the block!

A local gentleman, Bill Hickerson, is powder coating a bunch of stuff to help out. Here is a spare valve cover I have he was running as a test. Looks pretty rad. VVL one is getting done tonight, plus he has piles of wheels to do.

These wheels looked like garbage they were so gross, but after getting striped they are about to head to the oven.

Fielding had some gold XXR which are getting turned white, they look really interesting raw as well. I am digging the raw look.

The S15 received a slight bit of rice as well : ) Thank you DMAX and Yokoi : )

aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote