Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #373
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRhatch View Post
Seriously dude! I cannot get over how deep you went into this rebuild! I'm going to have to just post another compliment on your work! beautimus!
Well, it was my second time doing the rebuild. I figured this time I would fix things I didn't do the first time. I absolutely had to take care of the rust spot on the strut tower. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
It's a nice change to see a fellow Floridian (even though I loathe this state) doing a proper build. Looks great man.
There are a few of us in the state that have dedicated the time and effort to put together a decent built car. I wouldn't say mine is the best, but I believe it's been thrown together well enough. Thanks for the positive words.

!!!Update!!!

-The harness is back in! I finished the install up sometime during the week. I added an Innovate LC1 wideband and wired that into the EMS for a permanent 02 sensor option. I had an LM2 but that thing is too big and complicated for what I was looking for and couldn't be integrated into the car for a permanent solution easily. Once everything was back in, I secured the Haltech in it's respective spot.

-I reinstalled my Intake manifold and associated items along with it. I verified I had no fuel leaks and cranked the car over. She fired right up, so it seems like all is right at this point. I'll hook the laptop up this week sometime and go over all the sensors and settings.

-I managed to get my turbo blanket in as well. Securing that thing with the safety wire is a nightmare. There has to be a better way of securing it or maybe I was doing it wrong. Either way, it's done and shall not be removed.

-Years ago(because that's how long ago this build started) I ran a Cusco 40D strut tower bar. When I purchased my Shakitto plates, the bar end plates would no longer fit, so it was removed. I like the look of a high quality polished STB residing over the motor. So, I modified and painted the end plates to fit along with the Shakitto plates. I also took the time to polish the bar. Over the years I had "preserved" it's finish with Mother's metal polish. However, it was time for some Rouge polishing compound and a high speed wheel. Results are below.

The bar pre polish...

The bar post polish...

Stay tuned, more updates when I get the chance.

Last edited by jr_ss; 08-24-2014 at 09:25 PM..
jr_ss is offline   Reply With Quote