View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #3169
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
I would much rather straighten out my pinch welds if they get bent rather than having a crunched up frame rails(they do get crunched up rather easy on jack stands). I've always lifted my car on rack by rail..until i saw that in the owners manual or chilton. Using a hocky puck with grooves cut out on them for a lift useage on pinch weld is a great idea btw.
Yeah, you can see how the rails are overlapping. They are designed to deform in a crash. Easy to crush them by putting the weight of the car on them.

The pinch weld is joining the side and bottom of the car. It's the bottom of a thick tube than includes the door sill. You can lift all along the rail as long as you don't concentrate the weight to much. Why hockypucks with a slit in them are so great.