View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 12:05 AM   #17127
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
Why don't you tap into the harness either at the switch on the column or at the harness near the lights?

Just use one of these.

This was a while ago. For some reason (I know the reason, I'm lazy and stupid) I took this advice.

Fun fact: despite having about fifteen fucking retraction relays, it appears to me that s13's don't have dedicated headlight relays, the full draw goes through the switch. And apparently, without blowing fuses, you can slowly melt the plastic bits inside the reed switch on the light combo switch, if you add lights on the existing circuits (I tapped the positive going to the bright on driver side, on the headlight side of the pigtail).

So, between nissan being lazy fuckers, me getting advice from lazy fuckers, and me being a lazy fucker... I need a switch.

Don't tap into shit, like a lazy fucker. And don't use this shit thread, like a lazy fucker. Your car will melt.

(disclaimer: I'm only 99% sure this is what happened, if you can think of another reason my car melted tell me, or if you know something I don't about headlight relays, tell me. I hope I'm out of line, so tell me how I am - just venting here)
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote