View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #1915
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Was your first experience with Drifting this:

Or this:

'Murica ruined drifting. Beer V8s boobs and fireworks for everyone. Its a fucking spectacle. The wave of people who's first brush with drifting purely US style seem to be more inclined to "ain't care" IMO. Final Bout is the best thing I've seen in US drifting in years.
Not at all. I knew nothing of drifting when i started. Just had a 944 turbo with an lsd. So it kinda worked out. I'm not a fan of the aint care attitude. I do believe in clean cars, but i hate seeing people with all this effort into their clean cars, and they can't even link a track. It's just pitiful.

I love having a nice looking car, and I do feel that this is important, but that feeling fades quickly. I enjoy driving my cars so much more. if a $700 paint job makes a car look good, or a $700 tune gains me power, and drivability, I will get way more use out of that, than a paint job. No sense in polishing a turd. Function, then form.

Despite this, I am not a fan of the "rachet spec" scene, zip ties, half assed builds for instant gratification. It just an excuse to be lazy.

Last edited by tayloray; 09-03-2014 at 01:57 PM..