View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 06:54 PM   #46
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Its been about 2 months since the last small update...

I've had an issue for a while, with almost no bottom end torque, throttle response, spitting/sputtering and hesitation from 2000-3000rpm and decided to (rather got around to doing it) put the secondary butterflies back in the intake manifold and reset the TPS to within factory voltage specs. Did this around the beginning of September for a charity show on the 20th.

Tear down =)

Intake manifold off.

Up on the bench

Swirl valve back on but will not be hooked to vacuum as the butterflies stay open with no vacuum.

Butterflies in and new screws Loctited in place.

While I had all this going on I figured I would clean up and wrap/cover some wires on the passenger side frame rail so they don't stand out as much.

Started with the distributor plug. de-pinning

slipped shrink tube over it. later you will see a finished plug.

The wires I wrapped up were the blue/black fan wires. and sleeved the water temp sensor wires.

Since the car was apart I figured I would paint some stuff too. truck bed wrinkle black on the radiator.

Semi-Gloss Black intake tube.

So the Bay was put back together! The Throttle response after putting the secondary butterflies in and resetting the TPS is ALOT better!!! But it still hesitated so I took the MAF off and sprayed it with cleaner and it got a little better.

Before I took it anywhere I wanted to get RUCAS. I reached out to Nick at Elite JDM and he had ISIS Street RUCAS delivered FedEx next day!! =) guess it helps i only live about 2 hrs from the shop.. But MUCH props for the Service!!!

Put them on that night!

This is MAXXED out negative and Factory Bolt adjusted to max negative. Is there supposed to be more?

Brought the kids out to the garage for support! =)

Decided that my ghetto expanding hood prop had to go.. made a small tab to hold a rod I fabbed up quick one night. basically just 1/2" conduit with air tool plug ends grinded down to fit the tab and hood prop hole.

Painted truck bed liner and shrink wrapped the ends to protect the hood.

The rest are just random pics!! =)

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 10-27-2015 at 09:45 AM..
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote