Old 10-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #437
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
again, this is just opinion..

and why is everyone stuck on the idea that nicely put together cars can't drift? or if it's a nice looking car, the person is "trying" as opposed to "doing"?
People act like FD drivers have never oversteered to spin out before in their lives.

It is possible to look good and drive with style, as Final Bout showed us.
It's called doing it right.

FD will forever be who can take that big corner the fastest.
I'd rather see awesome cars linking a track and hitting up every corner with finesse than one car try to blast its way through one corner and then it's over.
(Again just opinion, but without discrediting either side.)

You cannot argue that good events, cars, and drivers don't all exist at the same time and place. Final Bout disproved all of that.
I guess the assumption here, is that most of the nicer looking cars, typically are hard-parked and show cars, which that conclusion is true in many cases...But as you just referenced, Final Bout AND not to mention...the country of Japan (which I believe sometimes people forget about) which has been placing heavy emphasis on style/show factor for idk...maybe 20+ years now.

But as always, this is my opinion. I'll admit, I don't like Formula D really...the cars to me, they're ass (Except Forrest Wang and Ryan Litteral S14s which arguably have the two best looking cars in FD) I do watch Formula D occasionally to watch Forrest Wang, Ryan Litteral and Danny George (Who is just awesome person in real life and hope he does get a win soon, cause he definitely deserves one)

But with that said, I don't like FD, even the early days of FD was slightly better and not entirely on this "90% Function, 10% Form (Attempt)". But I am quite bias to cars that are clean, fitted, nice looking, unique, good livery/designs(which kills so many FD cars) and/or stylish in terms of wheels, paint and etc etc. So when I see a missile car, that retarded ass "functional fitment" of the FD cars now or those damn ugly ass liveries...of course to me, it's doing it entirely wrong, especially when it comes to drifting.

Once again Of course this is my opinion and I try to stay open minded about this topic since unfortunately, that is the way it is for the majority here in the U.S., even though I don't like it personally.