View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #24
lamgee

Trader Rating: (0)
lamgee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
Not painting the big carbon fiber pieces before installing them... that's where.

It's pretty widely recognized around here that two-tone paint jobs, outside of the OEM zenki S13 scheme always looks like a half-baked NOPI show reject from 1998.

Now pink isn't inherently terrible, and the 6666 hatch you posted isn't terrible as a whole, but that particular pink on that particular car sucks... not helping your cause in the slightest.

Find a cool color and paint the whole car. (The aforementioned black cherry would be a great choice, IMO) Then maybe use another color or pattern that complements it as an accent to use throughout the car. (like a CF roof spoiler, CF Diffuser, etc.) Don't just leave entire panels unpainted.

Only reason I'm even chiming in on what you should do with your car is because you asked for help. Otherwise I would keep my happy little mouth shut while another 240 is subject to questionable design choices. So there you have my $0.02, just take it with a grain of salt... since you asked.
I did ask and I really appreciate you chimed in. I appreciate all the comments, good or bad, because otherwise I won't know better. I didn't know for example that you suppose to paint carbon fiber panels. I do clear coat them usually but never occurred to me to actually paint them....

I still didn't install anything tho. I have everything in pieces now and that's why I decided to ask the community before I proceed. I don't try to please everybody, after all it's my car but I don't want to be "special" in a bad way either.

I really dig this black cherry thing. I am going to order a pint and spray one panel to see how it looks and will go from there. Need to still digest the thought that my carbon fiber panels will need to be sprayed too. Baby steps I guess...

In any case, thank you for all your input.
lamgee is offline   Reply With Quote