Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #404
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
A tuning date was set for Oct 31 and Nov 1! We'll be strapping the car on after business hours Friday evening and then time permitting, running though the current "tune" to clean up and situate us for Saturday morning. I'm not superstitious by any means, but I really hope picking Halloween isn't going to curse me. I just want everything to go as smoothly as it can.

In the mean time, I've been finalizing items that have taken the back burner due to other pressing issues(harness sorting).

Let's start with the Mazworx harness bar and Status harnesses. I picked up the harness bar used a few months back. It seems as if Mazworx has no intentions of making more of these, which is completely understandable. Complete chassis fabrication and fast cars make more money than a select few parts for a niche crowd, I get it.

The bar install is pretty much self explanatory, if you have no interior plastics. I am one for cleanliness and like my interior complete, so removal of said plastics was out the door. There is no guide per say for trimming the plastic to fit your bar and it was an extremely tedious job. I, like a lot of my projects tend to be, was anal in trimming the plastic. I wanted it to be nice and tight to the bar and to be honest, it may have went quite a bit easier with them removed, but I didn't want to get over zealous. I think it turned out great.

With the bar installed, it was time to throw the belts at it. I was on the fence with fabbing a bar to mount the eyebolts to or utilizing the factory belt mounting points. I chose the latter because the factory used 7/16-20 hardware, which is what came with the harness. So out came the rear seats so I could remove the factory hardware and install the eyebolts for the harness to clip to. The belts were then fed through the factory buckle slit and between the seat cushion and plastic for a clean trouble free install.

Last Wednesday I loaded the car on to the trailer and took it for a little joy ride. As some of you may remember, the entire front end had been off the car. My alignment was definitely out, but to my surprise, it wasn't as bad as I had thought it was going to be. We tried to dial out as much negative rear camber as possible but ran out of adjustment on the factory arms. I left with -1.5 all around, but I would like to get the rear to -.5 or so static in the rear. I will have to change my ride height slightly, since the car has moved around under it's own power, I noticed(via tape measure) that the Driver's side is slightly lower than the Passenger's. Once tuning has been finalized, I'll get it nice and level, throw my adjustable arms on in the back and take it back to the shop for a touch-up. I did take it to the car wash that morning for a little hose down, she was slightly dusty from life in the garage.

I was contacted by a member of our forum to see if he could "sponsor" me. We chatted over pm about the details. He decided to send me some of his billet radiator brackets to replace my powder coated ones. They arrived over the weekend and I installed them one night this week. They are very well made, fit perfectly and add a nice touch, Thank you again.

Stay tuned, there's more on the way....