View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #116
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Options13 View Post
im debating either between an EFR 7064 or a 7670..

I want it to be almost fully spooled up by 3500, (20 psi) and i want to throw down around 450whp - 500 whp.

I am running 91 oct along with water meth.

Are those realistic goals?
I'm almost considering upgrading my cams to the tomei cams, but don't know if that is completely necessary.
Sorry I forgot which engine your building but Either way I wouldn't so much worry about spool on any of the models you've listed, although the 7064 would get you quicker spool no matter what.

Is there a reason you left out the EFR 6758? If your looking for a KILLER power band I'd use the 6758 with the 0.64 AR as they don't offer it with anything else. It will Choke slightly up top though... And when I say slightly... I'm talking like...you'd probably never miss anything because your mid would be killer.

If you want a tad more room to grow...with minimal loss in response. Go with the EFR7064 with the 0.92AR. Power band would still rip, still have better response than any other turbo in it's class offered by the competition and if you wanted room to grow... swap out the hot side to the larger A/R 1.05 and that'd be just about as large as you want to go on your set up. If you wanted even more response.....they offer a smaller hotside as well "A/R 0.83" That'd most likely be the best overall choice if you wanted a bit of room to grow.

The EFR7670 would work as well....but anything will "Work" it's just a matter of how well you want it to work. It'd be slightly less responsive than the other choices and it would give you more room to grow....but there wouldn't really be much benefit other than bragging rights as to "how large your turbo is" which is really just stupid.

One thing that really erks me is when people are like "ohhh man check out how large that turbo is." It's like.....Cool man... your car gets full power by 5300RPM... Right when the rest of us are already smiling from ear to ear and the party's already over. It's like.. nice build... but your turbo choice only lets you use half of the builds potential. "get the power under the curve." Different strokes for different folks though.