View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #9
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino View Post
Actually I didn't! I've looked very vaguely into Vanilla. I may dig in and see what it's all about.

I really miss having phpBB boards. They were almost to open sourced though for most people who really wanted to get custom custom. I've since seen them go downhill though, unfortunately.
Yeah check it out, one of the reasons why I leaned towards Vanilla is because Penny Arcade supports it's development and there's been an active community for supporting mobile / responsive design. Step lightly though, everywhere you look about Vanilla they try to up sell you on hosting (for obvious reasons, they want to make money as well as continue growing the code base). I just like the fact that they give you the option of hosting it yourself or using their expertise.

http://vanillaforums.org/download

Kind of reminds me of WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote