View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #14
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
I think one of the main improvements that is under looked would be to change the M8 hardware to M10. I am not sure how possible that is though. Again, one thing to note is that this really only applies to people who are full-throttle and tracking for long times.

Another guess, and I'm just thinking out loud here, is what level of boost the turbo is being run at. If you run push a smaller turbo to the limit, there is a good chance it will create more heat than its designed to deal with, hardware included. This wouldn't be noticeable if you're just occasionally raping people on the street -- but it will be immediately noticeable when you go to the track and try that shit for 5-10 minutes straight.

Besides my main 240 resto-mod project, I have a few other side projects I am working on. One is converting this `99 Miata to turbo. Some of the info I've read from that community doesnt seem to have been discussed on Zilvia, so I'm curious what the thoughts are here. Miatas are commonly running the Garrett GT2560R (S15 turbo). People are complaining that the turbine outlet needs to be ported otherwise you run into boost creep issues. My SR20DET was fitted with a Spec-R turbo and never had boost creep issues.

Only thing I can think of is that maybe there is a variation between the turbo Garrett sells vs the Spec-R from NISSAN. I know it has the wastegate divider. You guys think there are any variables here that not everyone is aware of?
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote