View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 11:37 AM   #17
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Is there any advantage to using studs on the turbo, other than it probably makes it slightly more convenient to thread on a nut in a couple of the hard to reach places?
I automatically replace any turbo studs with bolts. When used without washers, they never came loose. Plus they are a lot less likely to snap, which is a really common and unpleasant problem on T2 turbos and manifolds.

Dealing with the locking tabs or any type of locking contraption on a bottom-mounted manifold is a huge pain. I am having an adapter plate made to have the stock manifold flipped upside down and use it as a top-mount, only due to how annoying it is to work with a bottom-mounted turbo. Though I am still undecided about using it, because on the other hand the bottom-mount setup does look much cleaner in the engine bay and makes for a lower center of gravity.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote